The National Women's Political Caucus endorses candidates who have proven that they support women's issues and will work to strengthen women's rights.
2022 Local Endorsements (link to Downloadable PDF)
It is also important to remember that the leaked majority opinion was able to happen because anti-choice, far right conservative candidates were able to pipeline through to the highest levels of elective office. National Women's Political Caucus is proud to be the only organization that supports pro-choice self identifying womxn regardless of party preference. Check out the endorsements we have made so far in the region below. You can also download our slate guide. Each candidate endorsed has reflected their pro-choice, progressive values in their questionnaires and work in elective office. They are 100% pro-choice, not pro-choice with an asterisk. We hope you will join us in supporting these women for elective office with your time and dollars.
Due to the nature of the process at the State and Federal level, some races may not be considered in time for the June Primary.
However, we encourage you to check out Planned Parenthood Mar Monte's (our local) Voter Guide to review each elected official and candidate's grade on pro-choice, bottom line issues.
2020 Local Endorsements
During the 2020 election cycle, NWPC Silicon Valley was proud to endorse the following candidates for local office:
- Margaret Abe-Koga, Mountain View City Council*
- Sally Lieber, Mountain View City Council*
- Pat Showalter, Mountain View City Council*
- Raven Malone, Palo Alto City Council
- Carolyn “Cari” Templeton, Palo Alto City Council
- Nancy Smith, Sunnyvale Mayor
- Alysa Cisneros, District 2, Sunnyvale City Council*
- Amourence Lee, San Mateo City Council*
- Melissa Baten Caswell, Area 1, Santa Clara County Board of Education
- Ketzal Gomez, Area 4, Santa Clara County Board of Education
- Corina Herrera-Loera, Alum Rock Union School District*
- Julie Reynolds-Grabbe, Moreland School District
- Jennifer DiBrienza, Palo Alto Unified School District*
- Katie Causey, Palo Alto Unified School District
- Jesse Ladomirak, Palo Alto Unified School District*
- Carla Collins, Area 3, San Jose Unified School District*
- Randi Kinman, Area 4, West Valley Mission Community College District*
- Aimee Escobar, Area 7, San Jose Evergreen Community College District
- Wendy Root Askew, Monterey County Board of Supervisors*
- Dr. Meghan Fraley, El Camino Healthcare District
- Kirsten Keith, San Mateo County Harbor District
*Winning candidate (52% win rate)